Volunteering with Quadrant Leisure is about helping us to make a positive difference to the lives of the local community.
We accept volunteers from the age of 14, and upper age is not a barrier to volunteering, all we ask is that you are reliable, honest and enjoy meeting people. We will cover reasonable travel expenses and provide support and training opportunities. Your time, skills and enthusiasm are very important to us and you will also get free use of our gym facility and any exercise classes.
Benefits for volunteering
There are many benefits to being a volunteer:-
- Learning new skills
- Gaining work experience
- Building your confidence and self esteem
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Trying something new
- Developing a skill, hobby or interest
- Working as part of a team
- Making a difference to your own life and the lives of others
How to get started
It’s easy to become a volunteer. We have two basic roles available
- Sports Activator: Working with children & young people aged 3-15, supporting our gym and physical activities. This role will involve working at various locations so access to transport is required (this role may also require an enhanced DBS)
- Activity Coordinator: Working with older adults aged 60+ to become more active and help address social isolation. This role is based at our QFit Gym in Dudley North Tyneside.
You can register your interest for any of these roles which are listed on the VODA website, or simply drop us an email to find out more (firstname.lastname@example.org)